The club is committed to providing a caring, friendly and safe environment for all of our members, so that when they participate in club activities, they do so in a relaxed and secure atmosphere.
To do this, we have implemented and promoted policies and procedures to safeguard the well being of both children and adults, in order to protect them from abuse of any kind. In particular, the club has adopted Swim England’s Wavepower 2016-19: Child safeguarding policy and procedures for clubs and these provide the foundations of our welfare policy. Links to the Wavepower documentation can be found below.
Our aim is to make sure that these policies and procedures are known to everyone involved with the club – swimmers, coaches, committee members, club volunteers and parents/guardians alike – and that all individuals within these groups are aware of their responsibility to adopt and abide by our club welfare policies.
If there is a breach of the club’s welfare policies:
The club’s welfare officers will act to investigate any such incident (in line with the recommended policy) and will implement any necessary disciplinary and appeals procedures. Any incidents of alleged poor practice, misconduct or abuse will always be taken seriously and responded to swiftly. Our welfare officers and committee members will ensure that confidentiality is maintained at all times during any investigation into breaches of the club’s welfare policy.
If you want to discuss an issue with either of our welfare officers, please contact them by clicking on the links below. Their contact details are also shown on the ‘Contact Us’ and ‘Who’s Who’ pages of this website.
Click on the following link to contact Welfare@hatfieldswimmingclub.org.
Hatfield Swimming Club’s Welfare policies and codes of conduct are provided below as downloadable PDF files. Anyone connected with Hatfield Swimming Club (swimmers, coaches, committee members, club volunteers and parents/guardians) must familiarise themselves with their content, and agree to adopt and abide by the guidelines and rules that they contain.
HSC Welfare Policies
- Safeguarding Policy Statement
- Anti-Bullying Policy
- Photographic Policy
- Electronic Communications Policy
- Changing Room Policy
- Late Collection of Children Policy
- Missing Child Policy
- Transport Policy
- Whistle Blowing Policy
HSC Codes of Conduct (Including Discplinary Procedure)
- Code of Conduct for Coaches & Swimming Teachers
- Code of Conduct for Committee Members, Officials & Volunteers
- Code of Conduct for Parents
- Code of Conduct for Swimmers
- HSC Disciplinary Procedure
Links to Swim England Wavepower 2016-2019 documents
Wavepower 2016-19 is a large document. Swim England have split it into sections for easier access. Files are in PDF format. Please click on the links on the left to open each section.
- Index – Full index with page numbers
- Contents – Information and contents
- Section 1 – Introduction to Wavepower (Pages 8-17)
- Section 2 – Toolbox (Pages 18-89)
- Section 3 – Child safeguarding responsibilities (Pages 90-93)
- Section 4 – Guidance for coaches, teachers and poolside helpers (Pages 94-105)
- Section 5 – Templates, forms and checklist (Pages 106-123)