Hatfield SC search for Development Lead Coach
Organisation: Hatfield Swimming Club
Contract type: Part-time
Qualifications: Coaching Swimming: Swimming Coach Certificate or Level 2 Coach
Location: Hatfield, Hertfordshire
Salary: Based on experience
Closing date: 26th April 2023
Hatfield Swimming Club is seeking to appoint a part time Development Lead Coach to work with Hertfordshire’s premier club, coaching promising up and coming swimmers. As Development Lead Coach you would be responsible in supporting the Head and Assistant Head Coach in leading the management, development, and delivery of coaching services to our young swimmers (10-12 years), ensuring the delivery is focused on developing skills, technique, and progressive physiological training in line with the Head Coach’s philosophy and Optimal Athlete Development Framework (OADF) for age group swimmers.
Principle responsibilities will be, but not limited to;
- Design and implement swimming programmes in line with the Club Objectives, OADF and long-term athlete development, for 10–12-year-old swimmers, competing at regional, county, and open meet standard and directly coach to maximise performance.
- Attend competitions suitable for the swimmers’ age groups and abilities.
- Oversee and support the swimmer’s pathway from age of 7 to 12 by managing the pathway and supporting other lead coaches on the pool side.
- Support, monitor, develop and motivate the Club’s volunteer coaches and poolside helpers where necessary.
- Select swimmers and teams in partnership with head and assistant coach, for Herts Major and Peanuts League competitions.
- Undertake all relevant administrative work associated with sessions, competition calendar, team selections, and communication with parents and coaches.
- Observing Health and Safety, Equal Opportunities and Anti-Discrimination across relevant squads, in line with Club and Swim England codes of conduct and with consideration of safeguarding policies during squad sessions.
- Liaising with the Head Coach regarding the progression of Age Group swimmers through the squad system in line with OADF.
- Motivating age group swimmers and deliver appropriate skill-based and technical development sessions and capacities relevant to future success.
For informal discussions regarding the role, please contact Head Coach Daniel Fogg via email to email@example.com. To apply – Please submit a CV and covering letter to our Club Secretary, Sian Keogh, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.